Pages

30 October, 2007

Scar Tissue




I just finished reading Scar Tissue.
The autobiography of Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chilli Peppers. He had some help too, a guy named Larry Sloman helped to put it all together; doing interviews and that sort of thing.

When I said "just" I mean about a week ago - that's not to say I didn't love it - I did. I now understand why after almost three years it is still full price at bookshops.

While reading it I felt like I was sitting and having a discussion with Anthony. The style is so relaxed and flowing. I certainly found it hard to put down.

When speaking to others they said they found the end a little slow but to me I felt like I was there with Anthony and that I truly believed that he wouldn't re-lapse and I sincerely hope that never does happen again.

The book reminded me of Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel, also an incredible book.

If you're looking for a new book - get Scar Tissue you wont regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment