Pages

28 February, 2008

Note from Georgia Fields & the Freeways


Dearest friends!

My Manchester Lane show is drawing ever-closer, like a distant light flickering on the horizon...

I'M SO EXCITED!!! I think I might have just wet my pants a little bit from excitement!

So, for those of you who need the info again...

Wednesday 5th March
Manchester Lane
(36 Manchester Lane, Melbourne 3000)
Supports on from 8pm, tickets at the door


I've had one rehearsal with the string players, and they're so good they made me cry... There'll be brass players on the night too, plus a confused children's toy, extra vocalists, and as always my wonderful band The Freeways!

But wait, there's more...

Ben Manusama (you might remember Ben from such gigs as My Album Launch) is kicking the night off with his ukulele, acoustic ensemble and some brand new songs. Think somewhere between Marvin Gaye and Jose Gonzales. He played me his new ditty the other day and I've been singing it ever since! Genius.

Sarah Humphreys (soulful nu-folk singer-songwriter from Sydney) will also be joining us.. Judith and I saw her in January and I was blown away. She is a dynamo, and we're so lucky to have her!

If you're one of those old-timey folks who still listens to the radio, tune in to Triple R on this Monday 3rd March - Judith and I will be playing live-to-air and doing a short interview sometime between 8pm and 10pm!

I better go, I'm busy making some more "Golden Book" albums for sale on the 5th...

See you at Manchester Lane!

0 comments:

Post a Comment